Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Harriet Myers Nomination

It's too early for me to say that I am in agreement with President Bush's nomination of Harriet Myers for the Supreme Court since I haven't read enough about her yet to know whether this was a wise choice. It is interesting that the President has managed to upset folks on both sides of the political spectrum with this choice and so it will be interested to see how it plays out. It was a surprising pick to me given the number of other qualified candidates that seemed to be available.

However, I'm inclined to agree with my Stones Cry Out colleague Jim and simply trust the President on this choice.

My Two or Three.net colleague Aaron also has some interesting analysis on the nomination which he claims the Democrats brought this on themselves.

It should be an interesting confirmation process.

No comments: