Friday, January 10, 2014

Weekend Playlist: Peel Me A Grape

It's a rare thing that a song sticks with me after hearing it for the first time. Normally it takes me hearing a song several times before deciding whether I like it or not. Even more rare is when I can remember exactly when I have heard a song (or an artist) for the first time. But in the case of this song I can remember exactly where I was when I first heard it. From the very first time I heard the song I not only thoroughly enjoyed the song but knew the artist was someone I would want to hear from more often.

That's certainly the case with Diana Krall. When it comes to modern jazz musicians few can hold a candle to her vocally speaking. The added bonus is that she is also an accomplished pianist. This is a quintessential example of her vocal and piano performances. It's one of many of her performances from the Great American Songbook that were hallmarks of the early portion of her career. Her music is also perfect background music for a romantic evening. Enjoy.




No comments: