Friday, July 08, 2005

Quick Takes

This has been a crazy week and as a result, I must confess, the quality of my blogging has suffered. In fact, I have my doubts as to whether I've been able to stay above the blogging equivalent of the Mendoza Line (with apologies to Joe Carter at Evangelical Outpost who coined the phrase). Hopefully next week will be better. In the meantime, here are some worthwhile links for your perusal:

Baseball is not just a sport. There is much more we can learn from the greatest game ever invented. Don't believe me? Check out Standing On The Mound: The Virtues of Baseball. (Hat tip: Thecla Mauro)

The Federalist is essential reading every week. If you're not reading it you really should. Check out Mark Alexander's essay today entitled Supreme Consequences.

Steve Camp (yes, the musician) has a blog entitled CampOnThis. It looks like a blog that will be worth checking regularly. His essay entitled It's the Church, Stupid is well worth reading.

The Anchoress is one of my favorite bloggers in large part because of the tremendous faith that is evident in her writing. In her latest post entitled Listen she shares how her faith is being put to the test. Please say a prayer for her.

Welcome to the blogroll Exploring the Mystery. Thanks for the link. Stop by and pay Chris' blog a visit.

Earlier today, I had the privilege of being interviewed by Stacy Harp of Mind and Media. Click here to listen to us talk about blogging, books and other fun subjects.

Coming next week: reflections on the first half of the baseball season as well as my fearless predictions for the second half, reviews of Unlock the Prison Doors and Levi's Will, and much, much more.

Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: