Friday, August 15, 2008

Quick Takes - 8-15-08

Been on the road this week and haven't had much time to blog but here are a couple of quick thoughts for the weekend:

Billboard seen during my travels: "Stop Talking. Start Drilling." Pretty much sums it up, doesn't it?

Making a deal with the devil? I don't see how this helps Obama. Oh well, at least all those reporters at the convention will have something to write about. By the way, I don't buy all the talk about the Democrats being a united party. Don't believe me? Pay attention to that roll call and see if I'm right.

Sure, the left wants to blame President Bush for everything. But now the Russians are joining in on the fun. Unbelievable.

Doing my daily glance at the baseball standings I noticed something interesting: the Chicago Cubs have the highest run differential in the majors scoring 155 more runs that their opponents as of this writing. They currently lead the NL Central by four games. The next closest team? The Boston Red Sox at 118. They trail their division by 3 1/2 games behind Tampa Bay but lead the AL Wild Card by 2 1/2.

Memo to the New York Times: do your math homework. This is just further proof (as if we needed it) that the old "mainstream" media aren't to be trusted any longer.


Finally, one of my favorite shows returns to the airwaves. Chuck is back on September 29. Here's a season two preview to get you ready:

No comments: