Monday, November 20, 2017

Back to Blogging

I was looking back through the archives and suddenly realized it had been over thirteen years since my very first post here on the blog. Hard to believe it has been that long.

Over the course of those thirteen years my writing has been infrequent at best and at some times a little unfocused. I have enough issues with just trying to write something without going back and critiquing things I have written in the past.

But I have also read in numerous places that if you want to become a better writer you need to write. Don't worry about how good or bad the end product might be. Just focus on writing.

I blame my addiction to Twitter in part for my hesitancy to continue writing. Twitter makes it much quicker and easier to share articles. Most of my tweets are articles from writers who are far more eloquent than I would ever hope to be.

Still, I am going to jump back in and start writing again. Things will be a bit different. Very little politics (I'm not as avid a follower of the news as I used to be - a story for another time). I don't write regular book reviews any more but may still share thoughts about things that I am reading. I'm still reading a lot of books these days and every once in a while may share something. I'm also still traveling a bit and may have things to share from those adventures as well.

Let's see what the future holds, shall we?

No comments: