Saturday, March 27, 2021

Weekend Links 3-27-21

Apologies to my loyal readers (the few that there are - thank you for your support) for the lateness of this post. I had stuff together but couldn't get my act together to get the post up yesterday. Still here are some links of interest for your weekend reading.

First Person: how Jacqueline Winspear became a famous mystery writer by breaking all the rules. 

First Person, part 2: Lee Isaac Chung on the inspiration for Minari. I haven't had a chance to see it yet but I am rooting for the film to win Best Picture at the Oscars this year. 

Major League Baseball made the right call last year by announcing they would recognize the Negro Leagues as a major league. But recognition for the Negro Leagues means more than just recognizing statistics. 

Asking the important questions: why don't great books translate into great movies? To put it another way, why is it that mediocre or only good books are made into great movies?

Here are some bookstores you can rent for a date night or more. Sounds like a great idea to me. 

My youngest daughter weighs in with her latest review at Cine-Pop of Justice League. 

How Nichelle Nichols (Lt. Uhura on Star Trek) changed the face of NASA. I had no idea she had made such valuable contributions.

A history of Alfred Hitchcock Presents, one of the strangest shows to dominate television

No comments: