Thursday, November 06, 2008

One More Reason to Homeschool

As if I needed any more reasons to feel good that my kids are homeschooled. Via Hot Air, a Finnish documentary exposes indoctrination for the President-elect in an Fayetteville, NC elementary school. The first few seconds of the clip won't make any sense. The relevant portion starts at the 0:15 mark:



Perhaps the most absurd part of the whole clip is this quote from the teacher, Diantha Harris:


Now I can support whomever I want to support, as long as I don’t browbeat another person for the candidate that they supported. Like I have some students that support John McCain, and when they told me that, I said ah … “that’s good"
and I just moved on. So, I think that everybody is entitled to their own personal opinion.

Sure, everyone is entitled to their own opinion in her classroom as long as it's the same as her own.

By the way, there is absolutely no excuse for her berating that young girl whose father is in the military to the point that she was in tears. That alone is enough reason for that woman to be fired.

Unbelievable.

UPDATE: In the original version of the post I incorrectly stated that Ms. Harris was a teacher in Asheville, NC. The post has since been corrected.

Here is the contact information for the school:

Diantha Harris
Mary Mcarthur Elementary School
Principal Lola Williams
3809 Village Drive Fayetteville, NC 28304
910.424.2206
Superintendent William C. Harrison
910.678.2300

ANOTHER UPDATE: My wife, a.k.a. Mommypundit, ran across this article and wonders how this can be the same woman? Based on an article in the Asheville Citizen-Times about the controversy it appears she's the same person. Notice how the paper tries to downplay Ms. Harris' outrageous behavior.

No comments: