Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Book Review: Failure Is Not An Option: Mission Control From Mercury To Apollo 13 And Beyond by Gene Kranz

I was only 3 years old when Apollo 11 landed on the moon. But I remember the landing like it was yesterday. My parents made sure to get me out of bed to watch Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walk on the moon as they understood what an amazing piece of history we were witnessing.

Since that time I have been enamored with space travel. In fact, like many boys my age I dreamed of becoming an astronaut until I grew too tall to qualify (I am 6'6" and the maximum height allowed for an astronaut was 5'11").

I have numerous accounts of the space program but up until now had not read a flight director's account of the space program. That is, not until I just finished Failure Is Not An Option: Mission Control From Mercury To Apollo 13 And Beyond by Gene Kranz. To find out more about the book, check out my review here.

No comments: