Monday, August 26, 2013

Daily Links 8-26-13

A few links of interest to start out your week:
Last Friday, Dodger fans (and baseball fans everywhere for that matter) rejoiced at the news that Vin Scully would return to the broadcast booth next year for his 65th year as play-by-play announcer. In his own words:
I really still enjoy it immensely. My health is good, thank God. So why not? And my wife said, 'Why not?' as well.
"Just the thought of walking away from it to retirement — and looking out the window or something? It's just too good. As a baseball man, and someone who has always loved the game, the situation and the conditions are perfect."
It's refreshing to see someone who continues to work because they enjoy what they do. Of course, when you're having fun, a job i s not really work at all.  ***************************************** An interesting list of 18 everyday products you have been using wrong. *****************************************
10 interesting facts about The Princess Bride from director Rob Reiner This one is my favorite: Reitman: I read that you were in a restaurant in New York once, and one of John Gotti’s men said… Reiner: Yeah, I walked outside the restaurant, and John Gotti was there with six wiseguys. There was a guy beside the limo who looked like Luca Brasi. He looked at me, and said: “You killed my father…Prepare to die!” I almost went right then! He said, “I love dat movie, da Princess Bride!”

No comments: