Friday, July 24, 2020

Weekend Links 7-24-2020

Last night the Major League Baseball season finally got underway after a four month delay due to the coronavirus pandemic. While there were only 2 games on the schedule last night the rest of the league will start their season today. An abbreviated 60 game season is sure to be a recipe for chaos. Bring it on!

In the meantime, here are a few things that caught my eye this week.....

10 strange weapons invented during World War II. Reading the descriptions its easy to see why none of these weapons made it into mass production. 

This is exciting: Anthony Horowitz is adapting his novel Magpie Murders into a miniseries that will air on PBS Mystery! I loved the novel and can't wait to see how they handle the adaptation. 

I don't normally post spiritual or theological pieces in these posts but I couldn't pass this one up. As someone who notices a lot of arguments on Twitter (and have been in the past guiilty of crusading on this blog in the past) I found this article challenging and very timely

I'm always curious to discover what writers I enjoy read in their spare time. Here's what John Grisham is reading this summer. 


Every episode of Psych, ranked. When I first saw this article I only cared about whether they picked the correct episode as the best which they did. It's not even close. The rest of the rankings are up for debate. Related: James Roday Rodriguez, Psych's fake psychic detective.  There's a lot of really cool insight information on how the show became such a huge hit. 

My rule of thumb is to read everything Olivia Rutigliano writes at CrimeReads. She doesn't disappoint with her latest essay on Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

No comments: