Monday, February 28, 2005

The Daddypundit Interviews

In the past few days, I've had opportunities to be interviewed from around the world (literally). Catez from AllThings2All (who is in New Zealand) and Pete from Cantate Domino (who is in Canada) both asked some great questions. First up is Catez from AllThings2All:

1. What is the best thing about where you live?

We live in a small town that is very quiet. We've lived in bigger cities before but it's nice to live somewhere that has very little traffic. We are also close to family including my parents and brother and his wife. Our daughters get to spend lots of time with their grandparents which is a great situation to have.

2. Why did you decide to be a pundit?

At first I started blogging just as a way to express opinions about politics and particularly about the presidential election. But the longer I've been blogging the more I realize that God had other things in mind for my blog. I believe that he has used it more as a place that I can not only express my opinions but share what he has been doing in my life.

3. What sort of music do you like?

My musical tastes tend to be pretty varied but most of the time I have either Christian rock or worship music in the CD player. I will also occassionally listen to a little bluegrass or jazz.

4. What is your pet peeve?

My greatest pet peeve is people who don't do what they say they are going to do. I'm a big believer in keeping my word to someone else and it really annoys me when others don't follow through on what they say they are going to do.

5. What has been your greatest adventure?

When I first read this question I thought about places I had gone or things that I had done. But the more I thought about the question the more I realized that I'm on my greatest adventure every day as a husband and father to two wonderful girls. God has done things with me and taken me places in my walk with Him that I could have never imagined. Every day brings exciting new things with Him.

Next up is Pete from Cantate Domino:

1. Why did you decide to blog, and what impressions do you want blogs to leave your site with?

My decision to blog was inspired in part by Hugh Hewitt. I had just finished reading If It's Not Close, They Can't Cheat just a couple of months prior to our election last year. I had a friend who was running for Congress. So I guess part of my motivation to start was political and in the first few weeks I blogged extensively on the election. I also saw that our mainstream media was not reporting accurately what was happening in the campaign and I wanted a way to express the opinions I had about it. However, I will also say that God has led me to blog about a lot more than just politics.

I hope that visitors to my site will see first that I am a Christian and that I approach issues from a Biblical point of view.

2. Are there any blogs that inspired you to begin blogging?

In addition to Hugh Hewitt who was my main source of inspiration I also read The Kerry Spot (now known as TKS) and Best of the Web on a regular basis. I quickly discovered there were a number of Christian bloggers and read Stones Cry Out and Evangelical Outpost on a regular basis.

3. What do you consider your best post to date?
I don't know that I could narrow it down to one post but there are three posts that stand out for me as my "best" posts. I would choose any of these three as they all grew out of specific things that God had been teaching me and each took a while to write. They are (in no particular order): Seeking Balance, Getting Ahead of God, and Hanging Out.

4. Can you tell us some background about yourself?

I've been a Christian for about 25 years. I came to know Christ when I was in high school. Although I currently attend a Southern Baptist church I don't necessarily consider myself a Baptist since I've also been part of a Methodist Church, a Presbyterian Church and an Evangelical Free Church.

I've been married to my lovely bride for almost 14 years and we are blessed to have two beautiful daughters.

We are fortunate to live in a small town with lots of very good friends and family close by.

My ministry is leading worship in our church. I also serve as an elder in our church.

5. Describe the church you want to belong to.

I am blessed in that many of the things I believe should be visible in the church are already present in the church I belong to. I believe the church should be primarily about equipping the body to share the gospel with those who do not believe in Him. The church should be a community of believers that love one another, encourage and support one another. The church should be committed to teaching the Bible and encouraging everyone to live their lives according to the Scripture.

Thanks to both Catez and Pete for the great questions. If you would like to be interviewed, here is what you can do:

1. Leave a comment on this post saying "interview me". The first five people to respond will be the participants.
2. I will respond by asking you five questions.
3. You will post your answers to the questions on your blog.
4. Be sure to include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

I won't ask anything too personal or embarassing. Let me know if you'd like to participate.

No comments: