Friday, February 04, 2005

Friday Quick Takes

A personal word before getting to this weeks links:

I've come under convinction that blogging is interfering with other important activities such as work and family. When I started blogging, it was as a pasttime. It still is. I don't get paid to do this. I blog because I enjoy it and because it's a great outlet for me to write not only my opinions on different subjects but to share with others things that God has been teaching me. I also want to use the blog to highlight other bloggers' work that I admire and respect.

Each Friday, I plan to offer a roundup of links that I think are worthwhile. I'll also accept suggestions from people who want to send me links to their blog. Just send me an e-mail and I'll look at your post and add it to the list.

Also, if you add my site to your blogroll please let me know so I can blogroll your blog. The "Favorite Blogs" blogroll is primarily blogs that have linked to me and I want to continue to highlight those blogs.

Here are this week's links:

LaShawn Barber is maintaining the Eason Jordan Repository. Check in with her for the latest updates on this developing story. Hugh Hewitt has an interview posted with Rony Abovitz, the blogger who first broke the story. Jim Geraghty has some astute observations in light of these revelations.

James Jewell gives his thoughts on the 25 Most Influential Evangelicals as identified by Time Magazine.

This week's Homespun Bloggers Symposium: Do you think that the elections in Iraq vindicated President Bush's decision to invade Iraq?

Lorie Byrd has a picture of the best moment from the President's State of the Union Address.

Speaking of the State of the Union address, Charles Colson explains how the President's speech reveals his biblical worldview. Mark D. Roberts has also been examining the President's worldview as expressed through his second inaugural address.

Michael Spencer has an interesting post entitled "The Method in the Madnees: The Mystery of Joel Osteen". (Hat tip: The Rooftop Blog)

Drew at Darn Floor has some thoughts on Alberto Gonzales' confirmation as Attorney General.

Joe Carter at Evangelical Outpost has some last minute tips for Valentine's Day.

Tod Bolsinger has a great post called "Sex and Worldview: Overlooked Lessons on Love" which leads into a recent sermon series from Song of Solomon.

In case you missed it, this week's Christian Carnival is up at Wittenberg Gate.

Amanda Witt shares her experience with Planned Parenthood. It's a great story.

Thanks to JT at Freedom Of.... for the mention on his Friday blogroll roundup.

New blogroll additions this week: In Search of a Clue, rj3blog, Sonspot, and The Senescent Man.

UPDATE: Bob Hayes at Let's Try Freedom has the latest on the controversy surrounding the University of Colorado and Ward Churchill.

One more blogroll addition: News from the Great Beyond.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: