Anyway, it's been an interesting trip so far with this blog. When I first started the blog, I was primarily focused on political matters since we were in the throes of the 2004 election cycle. But as time moved on, I've branched out to post on all sorts of other topics that I hadn't even considered when I started. In fact, this blog has become so much more than I imagined that it's amazing to see what has happened in this past year. In addition to getting to know a whole host of bloggers from literally all over the world (see the Blog Friends list in the sidebar and you'll know what I mean) there have been a bunch of other great highlights:
- Becoming a book reviewer through Mind and Media
- Becoming a member of Blogcritics
- Having a book plug published
- Being quoted in a magazine article
- Being able to correspond with authors of books I've been reviewing
- Interviewing an actress
- Starting a group blog, Two or Three.net
- Joining the team at Stones Cry Out
- Being involved in blog swarms around hot news stories such as Terri Schiavo, Eason Jordan, Hurricane Katrina relief, and Harriet Miers.
- Hosting the Christian Carnival and getting to know other great bloggers
All of this is quite amazing to me that I have been allowed to do so much with this little blog. I am truly blessed to have had so many opportunities thus far. I appreciate everyone who has come to visit over the past year and has cared anything at all about what I've had to say. Thank you for your continued support. I look forward to seeing what's in store for the blog this next year.