Sunday, October 24, 2004

Thoughts on the World Series

Deacon over at Powerline has a great post on the World Series which got underway tonight. As a longtime (and long-suffering) Cubs fan I find all the "woe is me" talk from the Red Sox fans a little tiresome.

My wife asked me tonight who I was going to root for. I confessed that I had been very conflicted on who to pull for this year. On the one hand, the Cardinals and Cubs have almost as intense a dislike for one another as the Red Sox and Yankees. So it would be difficult for me to pull for them. On the other hand, I'm a National League guy and prefer their brand of baseball (especially playing without a designated hitter) so it's difficult for me to feel good about pulling for the Sox. Of course, I'll still watch and just enjoy the games. Regardless of who wins this year, baseball couldn't of asked for a better matchup. My prediction is that it will go the distance. I have no idea who will win. This is a contest that is truly "too close to call".

On a somewhat related note, the gang over at Powerline have produced further photographic evidence that John Kerry still doesn't know how to throw a baseball.

Update: Even more photographic evidence that John Kerry is no sports guy.

No comments: