Monday, September 09, 2013

Cleaning up E-mail

I'm in the midst of switching e-mail accounts. I've been going through the numerous e-mails I receive each day trying to figure out which subscriptions I want to move over to my new account. In the process I realize I've subscribed to a lot of newsletters in the past few years I don't really read anymore. I'm deleting them instead of taking the time to read them.

I'm probably not alone. It's very easy to subscribe to an e-mail newsletter. It doesn't cost anything. And in most cases they probably come so infrequently that you don't even notice how many e-mails cumulatively you're receiving.

So here's my question: does anyone really utilize e-mail newsletters any more? Or are you like me and you just delete them without reading them?

When's the last time you really examined closely what e-mail you're receiving? I'd be willing to bet you're being bombarded with e-mail and you don't even know it.

No comments: