Monday, January 03, 2005

My Favorite Family Vacation

This week's Homespun Symposium Question:

What was your favorite family vacation (when you were a kid), and why? If you have children, have you taken your kids on that same vacation? If so, what did they think of it?

In 1971 (I was six years old at the time), my grandparents (on my mother's side) took our family as well as my aunt and uncle and their four children to Walt Disney World. This was a pretty big deal because the Magic Kingdom had just opened. It was especially magical because we were there together as a family. My parents took us back several years later.

When I took my wife and children to Disney for the first time, my parents were able to go with us. It was an especially memorable trip for my daughter as she got to celebrate her 5th birthday while we were there.

My kids seem to enjoy Disney. Every time I ask them where they want to go on vacation they say "Disney World"! The fact that they have been four times doesn't seem to diminish their enthusiasm for the parks.

I can't imagine a better place to take a family for a vacation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there ##NAME##, I am out searching for the latest information on ##LINK## and found this site. Although ##TITLE## wasn't what I was looking for, it certainly sparked my attention. I can see how, I came across this site when I was looking for related information. I am glad I stopped by today.