Sunday, January 23, 2005

Weekend Musings

A few items from some late night blogsurfing:

Hugh Hewitt has some advice for Godbloggers. Needless to say, it's worth reading. Be sure to check out the new 10 Christian Blogs aggregator. I also wish I had read advice like this from Wittenberg Gate before I started blogging three months ago.

*******************

This weekend marks the 32nd anniversary of the U. S. Supreme Court's decision in Roe v. Wade which made abortion legal. I had hoped to write an eloquent post on this subject but Adrian Warnock's post on this subject is much better than anything I could have ever written. LaShawn Barber adds her own thoughts and provides a roundup of other bloggers posting on this issue.

On a personal note, I am adamantly pro-life. I was before I became a father and even more so since I have been blessed with two beautiful daughters. I cannot understand how anyone can believe abortion is a matter of "rights" or "choice".

**********************

Tony over at A Red Mind in A Blue State suggests we should repeal the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution that limits a President to two terms in office. I agree the amendment should be repealed, but I disagree that we should allow former presidents to run again. Would we really want Bill Clinton to be elected again?

***********************

This has to be the best inauguration photo caption I have seen anywhere.

***********************

Here's yet another example of why Christians cannot expect to be represented fairly by the mainstream media (Hat tip: Free Republic).

***********************

Finally, a little personal reflection. We spent a good part of the weekend with our daughters watching episodes of the first season of The Andy Griffith Show on DVD. A couple of months ago we disconnected the satellite because we were tired of the garbage that was coming into our house through the TV. Anyway, we had been fortunate enough to receive the Andy Griffith DVD as a Christmas present and have thoroughly enjoyed it. The shows are clean, very funny, and provide great morals. I can't think of a better program for repeated family viewing. It's so refreshing to have something that we can all enjoy as a family.


No comments: