Thursday, January 23, 2014

Daily Links 1-23-14

In today's link roundup: an unlikely Oscar nominee, crazy interview questions, words invented by Shakespeare, and more.

*****************

One of the more surprising Oscar nominees is the theme song for the film Alone Yet Not Alone. This is the story behind the song and why it has taken Hollywood by surprise.



 *****************

Reading this post A Letter to the Family of My ICU Patient brought a tear to my eyes. I have spent a fair amount of time in the ICU over the past few years with both my wife and late mother-in-law as patients. I have always thought that ICU nurses were special. This post only reaffirms that belief. (Hat tip: Challies)

******************

This is without a doubt the craziest list of interview questions I think I have ever seen. I'm not sure how I would react if someone asked me one of these questions in a job interview.

******************

Alton Brown shares some of his tech essentials as well as how to get around Twitter's 140 character limit.

******************

Beware of parenting advice on the internet. (Hat tip: Home Front)

*****************

William Shakespeare was a genius with language including inventing a number of words that are in common usage today. Just goes to show that there still is value in studying the Bard's works.

No comments: